Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cinna buns

 For these, they were very good. Although, I used wheat flour rather than all purpose flour and I feel as though if i used all purpose flour, it would have tasted a great deal better. So that is what I recommend. My mom wanted me to bake something a little healthier since my dad kept eating all my goodies.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees!

The Dough Mixture
In a large mixing bowl, beat
4 eggs
6 ounces of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
Then separately, combine
2 cups of lukewarm milk
4 ounces of margarine
now, combine the milk mixture with the egg mixture.
slowly add
4 cups of all purpose flour (beat well)
2 tablespoons of yeast
and another 4 cups of all purpose flour
mix on medium speed for 7 minutes. Then place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it with plastic wrap and let the dough rise to double its size (about an hour)

Roll dough into a 1 1/2 by 2-foot rectangle
The Filling
spread 4 ounces of margarine
sprinkle the entire surface with
2 cups of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
1 cup of chopped pecans
Now roll the dough into a cylinder shape starting with the bottom edge and cut 12 (or however many you can make) slices and place them onto an oiled pan to back for 15 minutes.

The Icing
Stir together
4 cups of powdered sugar
4 ounces of margarine
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of almond extract
and your golden!

Once the buns have baked their way to be golden brown, let cool and then feel free to cover them with the amount of icing you desire!

I hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment