Friday, October 7, 2011

Go Bananas! Bread

Mmm.. Don't you just love the smell of banana bread cooking in your home? I baked this today and it made my apartment smell like heaven. More good news is that I baked this hours ago and my place still smells wonderful! I was dying for something to bake, I haven't baked something new in a while... I than saw the brown bananas on my counter and knew right than what I should bake :)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees!
and a perfect loaf pan size for this is a 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 1/2 inch. I actually didn't know that and I went to the store and just picked up a random sized loaf pan and the batter fit perfectly! What luck.

So in a medium sized bowl, blend
3 Ripe Bananas (brown)
1/2-3/4 Cup of Sour Cream (depending if you want it really moist or not)
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
Once those are all blended together, set it aside.

Than, in another medium sized bowl (preferably an electric mixer), swift together
2 Cups of Cake Flour
3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
3/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
Once that is sifted together, (this is the part where it would be easier if you have an electric mixer but if you don't have one that is totally fine, I didn't use one either... you just have to do a lot more work in combining it really well) Add
10 Tablespoons of Butter
and make sure it is blended really well.
Now, Add the banana mixture to it in 3 batches, mixing it in between each batch. And now you can either add in nuts or chocolate chips or even both! you can put in however much you want in it. I put in about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips :)

This part is what gets me... you have to cook it for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. I know, long! But make sure you keep checking up on it. The one today cooked a lot faster.. well, not a lot faster.. but it took about 52 minutes!

I hope you enjoy it as much as my roommates and I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment